Meaningful Use Pre-Attestation Compliance Assessment
Fulcrum Methods offers pre-reporting readiness and pre-attestation compliance assessment services. These services, which are used in conjunction with Fulcrum’s Meaningful Use Program Manager, provide independent testing and verification of an organization’s readiness to attest to incentive payment qualifications under ARRA EHR meaningful use criteria.
CMS is planning field or document submission audits to ensure meaningful use attestations are legitimate. Significant responsibility and liability exist with members of the C-suite should a healthcare provider attest positively and then fail an audit. Fulcrum Methods offers services that will provide compliance controls and comfort to organizations such that when you do attest, you are doing so accurately.
Fulcrum Methods has extensive experience within meaningful use. Last year Fulcrum Methods developed a Meaningful Use Program Manager which is currently being used by MaineHealth, University Hospitals, John Muir Health, Lucile Packard Children’s Hospital, NorthBay Healthcare, and Memorial Health System of East Texas, among others. The tool offers detailed assessments of an organization’s readiness to meet meaningful use requirements, includes a project management module to facilitate remediation, and has a flexible report writing module that supports attestation.
Fulcrum Methods services are designed to support your CMS Stage 1 attestation. Services include the following:
- A review of your organization’s meaningful use program structure, processes, and governance
- A detailed on-site test using Fulcrum’s Meaningful Use Program Manager of your organization’s performance against meaningful use measures
- Creation of an attestation workbook, including organization signoff and supporting documents
- Review of reporting and attestation schedule
- Additional remediation assessment (if needed)
- An independent review of your organizational readiness for attestation
- Establish compliance controls and comfort for meaningful use attestation
- Manage risk associated with the process of meeting and attesting to meaningful use
- Create audit trails for meaningful use attestation
- Identify overlooked workflows that need remediation
- Establish reasonable reporting and attestation schedule
- Access a significant meaningful use knowledge base
- Help prepare for future stages of meaningful use